Saturday, January 7, 2017

My Happy

It's traditional to focus on the new at the beginning of a new year but I'm going to change direction a little and do my best to hold on to the things that really made me happy this past year.  If it ain't broke, don't fix it sorta mindset.  That being said, this year I am going to:
  • Workout regularly.  My husband and I started running last year and it was very satisfying (at the end of each run!) to be moving like that again.
  • Spend time alone.  Every minute of my day does not have to be taken up with stuff.  That's a struggle for me bc I tend to say yes to everything that comes my way and at the end of the day doing things that I didn't want to do but didn't have the will to say no to is a little crazy.
  • Cook at home more.  We love to eat out but a home cooked meal around our table in our home leads to some great conversations.  And preparing meals together is fun!
  • Keep up with my crafting:)
  • Travel.  But there will be more airplanes & trains and less automobile this year.
  • Spend lots of time on the kids.  Now that they are adults and on their own, it is so lovely to visit with them in their own homes.
October 2016 Hip Kit Club Layout.  Loved this kit and used up so much of it.  The only things that came from my stash were the mist, tissue paper and enamel dots....

I have to admit that I am getting pretty sick of sketches and am going to have to break up with them for awhile...


I really like this page and have been hoarding that denim floral paper from Little Yellow Bicycle for years and years.  It worked great with these postcards from 2 of the places that we plan to visit this year...



Hip Kit Club loveliness.  How can a scrapper not be happy with the beautiful stuff in these kits?  October 2016 was a great month!



Ashley Horton's Scrapbook.com class on using the Silhouette Cameo - I didn't follow her example at all but I did use the Cameo to cut out those big flowers from some really pretty vellum...


I don't love this page so I'm pretty sure that I will be working on it some more once it goes back into the studio.  Something feels missing and the globe paper (which I love as if it were a person) seems too strong.....



Thanks for stopping by and have a great weekend everyone!

No comments :