Monday, March 6, 2017

Going Big For Your Scrapbook Layouts

Big Letters, Big Photos, Big Colors and Big Blocks of White Space.  I don't know about you but sometimes going big shakes things up for me and really get's me thinking outside of the box.  I love it when I get an idea cascade.  One idea sparking the next and the next idea sparking another and repeating from the top:)  I think that this year I have done so much better about keeping my creative dates with myself.  Almost to the point of neglecting everything else that I am supposed to be doing lol.  Next year we'll work on balance (probably not but it felt good to say it).  

Big Letters can be challenging for me to use.  They can really take control of a page if I don't find a way to control them.  I've found 2 things that tone them & down to make them work with the other elements on the page.  One is using neutral colors like white, tan or brown and the other is using them inside of a grid.  I did both on this page that I made for a class at scrapbook.com.  Becky Fleck's "Getting The Most Out Of Your PageMaps".  



I adore taking classes and no matter how advanced I think I am, I always learn something new.  This page makes me really, really happy:)  The pyramid shape of the elements (title long, photo shorter, embellishment in 3rd block even shorter still) helps keep everything cohesive....

There is a lot of white space on this page about my newly restarted weight loss journey.  I have been trying to lose weight for the longest time.  Before I even needed to get my weight down if I'm being honest.  This is the first time that I have scrapbooked a layout that had space for a photo that will be taken in the future.  I didn't like this page after I finished it but now I am happy that I resisted adding more stuff...



This page has a big photo so I kept the colors somewhat neutral.  This allows the photo to stand out even more.  I also used big letters, big embellishments and a pyramid to everything working together.  When I printed the photo, I muted the colors just a little bit to keep it from being so busy......



All of the above keeps this page a favorite for me.  Big photo of my daughter.  Whenever the kids would go and visit their Grandmother (she would have them for a week or two) she would take them and get photos taken.  My daughter loved that she kept her hair so cute (unlike me who was all thumbs when it came to that) and was so happy in these photos because of how much she liked how her hair was done....



I talked so much today!  Thanks for stopping by and tomorrow I'll do better:)  Happy Monday everyone 💖


No comments :