Monday, March 27, 2017

Mix and Match

It can be easy to freshen up your style by mixing & matching the supplies and techniques that you use regularly.  It  does not have to be challenging or frustrating either:)  Being part of the brain trust or a member of Mensa is not required either.  You just have to be willing to give it a try and your on your way.  I mix and match all the time in too many different ways to count.  Most of the time i'm not even aware that I'm doing it until I step back and take a look at my project.  

For instance, on this layout I used mixed really old products (like from the 90's old) with products that I purchased this year (my last scrapbook.com order) and I mixed themed products (beach paper, kids line, birthday) with non-themed (washi and cardstock).  As you can see I did a little m&m with the themes too!  The photo on this page makes me so happy!!  We were in the Bahamas with almost all of my siblings and their kids + my dad and my husbands mom for vacation.  The water was so rough and you can see everyone in the background struggling to get out.  So funny....



Another place that I like to mix and match is in the area of inspiration.  Who says that you can only be inspired by one page or one idea at a time?  My basic layout inspiration came from a page by Sue Plumb that I saw on the Cocoa Vanilla blog.  I loved the triangles that she had in the background so I decided to cut some triangles out of white cardstock for my background.  My second inspiration came from the pretty colors of the die-cuts & butterfly rub-on's in my January 2017 Hip Kit.  I probably wouldn't have used most of them on their own, but clustered together inside the triangles.  Ummm.  I just love the look:)



Talk about old.  This paper is from yeeaarrrs ago.  I still love it and am happy with how it worked with these photos.  Even our pig Mia made an appearance.  She was kind of grumpy because we were loving on her.  She prefers her affection in treats....



My sister dressed up as Maleficent and she nailed her costume.....




Happy Monday everyone and thanks for stopping by!  

No comments :