Wednesday, March 15, 2017

Not A Chronological Scrapbooker

I never have been.  My albums are certainly not a time capsule that will walk you through our moments as they happen.  They're more like bookshelves with all of our favorite things displayed for us to enjoy.  My oldest is 27 and it is not unheard of for me to do a baby page one day and a page about her today the next.  My pages go into my albums as I make them and I put no effort into putting them in order.  I get a headache just thinking about trying to do that! 

I am always curious about how other people put their pages in their albums so thought that I would share my method.  Which is no method at all:)  Helpful aren't I?

This day.  My people.  They are truly my happy place and having a surprise wedding was truly amazing.  I still don't have the words.  We look really happy in this selfie:)  When I got the January Hip Kit, the first thing that I saw was the gold puffy hearts.  Not a product I would have bought on my own and I had no idea what to do with them.  This page combined with the grid design in Nicole's class to the rescue:)  It is perfect and was a ton of fun to make.  I even "discovered" a new use for my embossing folders.  Non-messy mixed media texture.  Anywhere that would have been spattered, got brayered instead (see vellum in the center block).....







My cousin took this photo of the house that my Dad grew up in.  We (my siblings and I) spent a lot of time on my grandparents farm so this house is very familiar to me.  My Dad also talks about it a lot and how he and his brothers helped my grandfather build this house out of reclaimed wood.  How one of the things that the children had to do was to bring in sand from outside to fill in the cracks between the wood boards of the floor.  Of how they had no indoor plumbing, running water, air conditioning or heating other than a wood burning stove.  He doesn't talk about it as a hardship.  It just was.  He has some very happy memories of his childhood and I love to hear him tell stories about it.  When my cousin posted this on Facebook, my aunt commented that "they had lots of love and laughter" together in that shack (meaning my grandparents and all of the children).  Even though I have seen this house a million times, I never saw it until I looked at this photo....



This sketch was the kick off point for the design.....



of this bright, fun and happy page about my nephew's birthday.  He was delighted all weekend:)



Another fun page full of texture and layers.  The torn edges combined with border punches is just so fun.  There are a ton of layered elements.  I really liked how Michelle split her design into 2 main elements diagonal to each other on the page.  Instead of all of the mixed media, I opted to use a star transparency for added interest.  My sister and her husband recently took a one of a kind vacation and this photo kind of sums up how she felt about the trip....




The designs for the pages that I shared today came from a variety of inspiration sources. 


Happy Humpday!  Thanks for stopping by:)


No comments :