Saturday, March 4, 2017

Still In Love

with most of my hobbies.  I can't think of one that I don't want to do anymore.  Really I only have 4 (reading, cross-stitching, crocheting and scrapbooking) but with all of this talk of the "death of the scrapbooking industry" I find myself giving a lot of thought to whether this hobby was something that still made me happy and will it continue to make me happy for years to come.  The answer is a resounding yes!  There is nothing quite like getting lost in creating something.  Except maybe the joy of a finished project that came out exactly as it should have:)

I enjoy searching for inspiration almost as much as I enjoy scrapbooking itself.  Finding new techniques and new to me processes to put in the old toolbox keeps me in love with paper crafting.  These finished projects have brought me a lot of joy and I can't wait to share them with you.  

Hand doodling is something that I've done a lot in the past but not as much on a page as this one inspired by a page by scrapMumuchi.  This was so fun to create and it was hard to stop and walk away from the page when it was done.  The photo that I have of my kids in the photo booth at our wedding fit the page perfectly...



The wood veneer "do what you 💗" came in one of my Hip Kits and I decided to color it to fit this page.  Love how the heart came out with touches of blue and how the heart bled its pink onto the letters surrounding it.  My nieces and nephews on the red carpet of their dance school before they competed.  I did get a little crazy with the mist and got it all over the photo!  Still haven't reprinted the picture and not sure that I will...



My other niece in action at a football game.  This super brainy girl loves to cheer and her mom caught some great photos of her in action.  I kept the page super simple and used bright happy colors to help tell the story....



My sweet little E looking like he was about to do something bad:)  Love this little guy and how this page came out....



It was inspired by the one and only sketch that I used in this batch.  Thankfully there was only one planned to use because I almost groan nowadays when I see a sketch paper clipped to the papers I want to create with.  Sketches are still my favorite inspiration just a little over used at the moment:)  ...



Thanks so much for stopping by!  I hope that you have a great weekend!




No comments :