Wednesday, March 1, 2017

Stories For My Little Folks

Sometimes I find myself wondering what the point of continuing to scrapbook is.  At times like this I have to remind myself that all of my little folks love to hear the stories that make up their lives.  Even when they are not so little anymore.  When we get together as a family, the things that we talk about the most are the stories that we remember about each other.  They never get old.  Until this is no longer a truth in my household, I will continue to scrapbook and I will continue to record our stories both big and small.  

Speaking of scrapbooking...

I stumbled upon a helpful tip.  One of those duh why didn't I think of doing this first type of tips that is so simple that you are probably doing it already.  I'm still going to share.  Just in case:)

Here's the tip - scotch tape will take the film off of any transparent die cut, paper, do-dad, whatever!  It will also work on non-transparency things that have a backing that does not want to come off.  So put those stick pins away.  You don't need them anymore. 

Layout share:)

I used 2 sketches and a class to keep me rolling.  Both sketches are pagemaps from 2016.  This one is December.....



and I used it as a jumping off point for a 2016 recap.  My supplies are from the very lovely January 2017 Hip Kit.  The gold mixed media in the background is gold glitter paste from Bo Bunny.  That stuff is heaven!  It goes on easy and dries super sparkly...






This page is a stashbuster and contains all supplies from my stash along with design direction from this sketch....



My family is fun to be around and I wanted to get it on paper:)  They don't mind a little bit of public ridiculousness lol....



I am finally done (I think) with the Ashley Horton Class as scrapbook.com.  It was such a great class and I think it is safe to say that Ashley's class is one of the main reasons that I'm using my silhouette more.  As usual, I didn't follow the class exactly.  This page makes me happier than the last couple that I shared from this class.  We plan to take an extended family vacation to Vegas and am so excited!  There will be about 40 of us having fun in sin city.  I hope Vegas is ready:)



My last page is about my White House ornament collection.  I absolutely love it.  So Much.  This year I think that I am going to put a small tree up specifically for them.  It is that serious for me.  



It's the first day of March and I am excited to tally up my numbers for last month.  Hopefully they will look as good as January's.  Anywho, that's it for me.  Thanks for stopping by and Happy Wednesday aka humpday!

No comments :