Tuesday, March 14, 2017

Say It With Color Scrapbook Layouts

Ahhh Color.  I love you so much that I could write a love letter to you.  That would be cheesy (maybe a little crazy) so I won't but I will use you to make my scrapbook pages a better place for my photos.  I just love how your bright boldness hold my photos up, how when your sweet you make my photos just that little bit sweeter and how your temperature makes my summer pictures so fun. 

This first layout is all kinds of bold.  The alphabet paper by Studio Calico was stumping me and I couldn't figure out what in the world to do with it to make it work.  I decided that to heck with it, I might as well go all in and just use it everywhere.  It worked!  At least to me.  When my nephew was visiting NYC with his father, my daughter picked him up and took him to Central Park for the day.  It was hot, crowded and a lot of walking and he was kinda grumpy because of it.  She managed to find a few things to keep him entertained and cool (like this pond) and it turned out to be a fantastic day at the park for them....



The black dot and heart paper here makes me swoon and it works perfectly with the random photo of my niece.  The background of the titles' frame is filled with layers of different washi tape.  Interesting technique but I am still not sure that I love it...



We love amusement parks but I don't do many pages about our trips (except Disney) so here goes.  This photo has long been a favorite of mine and the page is too.  I was very happy that my "vision" worked IRL:)...



I don't love this page but I do love that I was able to use up a ton of my leftover scraps from my January 2017 Hip Kit.  I didn't have enough stuff left to make the page only from my kit so there are a few things from my stash on this layout.  Rainbows seem to be my jam nowadays and I have been working on page after page, idea after idea focused on Roy G. Biv.....


The designs for the pages that I shared today came from a variety of inspiration sources.  
  • Rainbow Roses - Big Picture Classes -Jen Chapin - Rainbow
  • Wish - Scrapbook.com - Becky Fleck - Getting the Most Out of Your PageMaps
  • Let's Do This Again and Again - Jen Gallacher - Make it Meaningful #21
Thanks for stopping by and have a great Tuesday!


No comments :