Tuesday, April 14, 2015

I Love A Challenge.

Don't you?  I really miss some of the challenge blogs that have gone away.  They stretched me and helped me use my ever increasing stash.  Since I don't have anything better to do ;), I decided to create a scrappy challenge for myself.  If you want to play along, I'd be happy to scrap along with you.  I am going to be very ambitious here and give myself to the end of the month to finish.  So here's the challenge:

1. Create your own kit using:
  • 12 - 3X4 Journaling or Embellishment Cards
  • 1 Stamp Set
  • Electronic Die-Cut Machine for Alphas
  • 2 Flair Badges
  • 20 Assorted Brads and Eyelets
  • 1 Pack of Flat Stickers (The newest you can find in your stash)
  • 1 Pack of Layered Stickers (The oldest you can find in your stash)
  • 1 Pack of Chipboard Stickers (Crafters choice:))
  • 6 Sheets of Patterned Paper
  • 6 Sheets of Cardstock
  • 1 - 6X6 Paper Pad
  • 1 Roll of Ribbon or Twine
2.  Find a layout that you really love and make a sketch based off of it. 

3.  Use the sketch in 6 different ways to create 6 different layouts. 

The challenge is to use only the kit to produce the 6 layouts based on your sketch.  I am so excited to get started.  I will come back tomorrow with my kit.  Yay. 

This weekend I spent some time going through my photo albums and completed layouts.  I am putting aside the pages that don't have journaling or ones that still need photos and making it a priority to get that done this month.  I don't know if I mentioned this or not but I spent a few years dealing with a serious creative slump.  We have had so much going on and our life (& home) has just been a chaotic mess.  Nothing bad or tragic, just the way life is sometimes.  But I was left too exhausted to do anything outside of the absolute necessary.  Thankfully I seem to be through the slump and am back to creating everyday. 

This weekend, we went to check out a campsite and fell absolutely in love with it.  There will be no real roughing it, but we will get to enjoy sitting around a fire talking, roasted marshmallows and time spent together under the stars. 

We also took a trip to the Tidal Basin to get a look at the cherry trees in full bloom.  They were stunning!  They never cease to stop me in my tracks with their beauty.  But man oh man were there a lot of people there.  You could not even take 2 steps without running into someone. 






I do have a couple of layouts to share.  The first one is of my niece when she was itty bitty.  She is a complete character all of the time but this time she was outrageous.  Don't ask me what she was thinking, I could not tell you.  She had sand everywhere!  My sister is one of those super patient moms that does not get upset about little things so all was good at the end of the day.  I probably would have freaked out just a little because there was So. Much. Sand. lol

 
 
This layout was actually created for Studio Calico's Sunday Sketch but I never got around to submitting.  Love the page though. 
 
 
 
Thanks so much for stopping by!  If you decide to do the challenge with me, I would love to see what you come up with. 
 

No comments :