Thursday, April 2, 2015

Keeping it Real.

I created a layout yesterday and I just hate it!  I really do.  I have already recreated it a couple of times but am still so unhappy with it.  The colors aren't right, the paper is really, really warped and the composition is off.  So what now?  It's going into my album.  Warts and all.  Maybe one day I will come to love it.  Maybe my kids will love it.  But it stays.  The memory is what matters and this was a great day in one of my favorite cities.  So here is the layout in all of its bumpy, ugly glory.......

 
On the other hand, these layouts I am really happy about.....
 
 
The photos on this page were taken at Kings Dominion and my people were not happy about having to stop and take photos for me.  They were all about rides and food lol.  I like the simplicity of the page and how the elements just gelled.  And I used a little bit of everything on it.  Brads, enamel dots, scraps, stitching, rub-ons, washi tape, etc but the stuff just all works together so nicely ........
 
 

 
This layout is about a trip we took to the "beach" here in Maryland.  It was not any kind of beach I have ever been to and we have not been back.  There were a ton of horse shoe crabs in the water so the boys were all in.  Not me.  Once I saw one of those crabs I was done with it.
 
This photo is typical of my boys, even now.  They get along really, really well and they played together all the time when Aaron was still living at home, despite the age difference.  These pictures make me happy because you can really see the difference in their ages but how happy they are to play together despite it.......
 
 
On both of these pages, I journaled on the back of the page.  Both have some journaling on the front but there was a lot more that I wanted to say so I flipped them over and had at it.  It's not pretty but it really feels like a note to my kids about what was really happening in the photos and any back story that may not be as obvious. 
 

 
That's it for me today.  I cannot believe that it is Thursday already!  Seriously where has this week gone? 
 
Thanks for dropping by and have a great Thursday!!!!!
 
 

No comments :