Friday, April 10, 2015

Not Feeling Very Creative

We are still in geometry hell, it's raining out and we have a weekend full of plans.  So even though I have some time, today anyway, to scrap, I have zero interest.  I sat and stared at the page I was working on for about 20 minutes before I just gave up the goal last night.  Sigh.  Today is not shaping up to be much better.

So since I have no creative motivation, I am going to do manual labor instead:).  Stuff like prepping paper for some ideas that I have, stenciling some book pages to use as backgrounds and embellishments, sorting my cardstock, cutting leaves with my cameo.  All of the stuff that needs to get done but takes me away from creating pages to do it.  I figure that once I start touching all of the pretty paper and messy paints, I will be inspired to make some actual projects.  Who knows, I may even break out my long neglected cross stitch project.  I started it in 2012 and only seem to work on it when we take road trips:).

I really can't make up stuff like what I'm about to tell you.  I purchased some really pretty, plasticky alphabet paper a few months ago.  It was on clearance for some crazy price like 20 cents.  It's so nice that I really should have gotten 50 sheets of this stuff but that is a comment for another day.  Last month PageMaps had this sketch

 
Very soon after that I found my nieces very first school portrait and the idea for this page just fell together.  It practically made itself.  It only took me about 20 minutes to put it together too.  That NEVER happens to me.  Ever.  And I just love this layout.  The colors, the simplicity, everything is just on point for me. 
 

 
 Her chubby cheeks are just so kissable!  I did a journaling card to slip in a pocket behind the photo but forgot about it and glued the mats all the way down.  Crap.  But I was able to fix it by trimming off the top (the heart love tab) and taping the rest of the card to the back of the layout.  I think I will go back and add a few more things to this before it goes into the album but not a whole lot.  The first photo of the lo was taken with the flash so you can get an idea of how the paper is made.  It really reminds me of jelly shoes.  Love it.  Hate that I only had one piece. 
 
Alright, back to geometry.  I hear a big brain cramping.  i.e. grunting, sighing, erasing....
 
Thanks for stopping by and have a happy, happy Friday and a fantastic weekend!  It is supposed to be just beautiful in the DC area and we are going to get out of the house.  Cherry blossoms are in full bloom so we're going to brave the crowd and my allergies to go check them out.  We also plan to scout some camping sites while we're at it.  Fun times, folks, fun times. 

No comments :