Thursday, April 16, 2015

Putting Together a Stash Kit

is exciting!  It really made me look at the stuff that I have with fresh new perspective and I can't wait to dig in to this.  Here is a look at my kit.

 My papers are all from the We R Memory Keepers Farmhouse line with the exception of one.  That is a green iridescent vellum that I have had for so very long.  The photo makes it look gold, but it is a really pretty yellow-green.  Not sure how I am going to use it but happy to have it in the mix.

 
 

 

 

 
 
The flair is going to be a serious challenge to use with the other stuff that I picked out.  Just Keeping it interesting y'all.
 

 
 
 
Sorry that some of the pictures are so dark.  Don't quite know why my camera was being difficult.  Not a bad kit if I say so myself.  Since we are not planning anything this weekend, I'm hoping to get all 6 of my layouts done. 

The layout that I chose for inspiration is pinned here and here is my sketch.  Thinking that maybe I should have chosen a less challenging design but I love this lo from Leslie Ashe.



My plan is to set my thickers aside and to use only my cameo to create the letters that I need.  When I need thick letters, I will just cut multiples of each letter and stick them together.  This is really going to work out well for me.  No wasted letters that I have to figure out something to do with and no missing vowels that force me to change the perfect alphas for something else.  That kinda turned into a mini rant but I won't be breaking up with thickers any time soon.  Love them too much. 

Of course, I will still probably have to pull in more cardstock for matting and maybe some washi and splatter inks but that's okay bc I group those supplies in the same category as adhesive.  My intention is to hold myself 100% accountable to the challenge I made me:)  No cheating.  At least not a lot of cheating:)

I do have a completed layout share.  Two to be exact.  Numero Uno is a page featuring my oldest son and my feelings about him leaving home.  Specifically how much I want to see him happy in his life.

 
 
Numero Dos is my October calendar page.  I just skipped right over September lol.  I will get back to that in the next couple of weeks or so.  This is a crucial time for the calendar project, 3 months to go.  Can she do it?  I hope she can bc it would suck to have a whole year except for 3 months!
 
 
 


 
 
 I am so excited to get photos for this page! 

 Anywho, that's all for me today and thanks so much for stopping by!

No comments :