Tuesday, April 21, 2015

Including Everyone In My Scrapbooks

I don't seem to be doing a very good job of that.  In fact, when I look back through my pages, there are some people that I love very much or who have had a profound impact on my life that I don't have layouts of at all.  Like my brother.  Or my grandmother, who practically raised me.  Most of my layouts seem to be of my oldest daughter, youngest son, 2 of my nieces and 1 of my nephews.  With my husband and oldest son thrown in every now and than for good measure. 

Why I don't know.  I have wonderful stories about all of these people.  Some photos too but for whatever reason, I don't tell them in my albums.  That must change.  I feel as if my scrapbooks tell a story about our family and as of now, the story is not 100% accurate.  I am sure that I don't have more than 1 or 2 photos of my grandparents.  Not sure why as we spent a lot of time with them.  Both sets.  My fathers parents lived on a farm and we were there most weekends and my mothers parents babysat me, my sister and my brother until I was about 10 years old maybe. 

Even after they stopped sitting for us, they would always get us for road trips, crafting, fishing and visiting (as my grandmother called it).  She loved to take us to visit her friends because she said that we were always well behaved.  I can remember many afternoons spent in her friends parlor sitting and having a tea.  Not touching anything or talking much bc kids in those days did not speak unless spoken to and they certainly did not touch.  All of her friends seemed to have hundreds of delicate little things! 

Anywho, I am making really good progress on getting my boxed photos sorted and should be done tomorrow.  Next phase is weeding out the duplicates and putting them in a rough order by time period and place.  I hope to be done with that by the end of May.  My duplicates will be farmed out to the kids so that they can start their own family albums.  Wish me luck!

I do have a layout to share.  It is of my oldest and my best friends oldest.  They were born 4 days apart and were as thick as thieves the first part of their lives.  Like twins.  They loved each other and could calm one another down just by being close together.  This is one of my favorite photos of the two of them. 


 
 

 
Well that's all for me today.  Thanks for stopping by and have a great Tuesday!
 

No comments :