Monday, April 6, 2015

The Face

My son makes this weird face whenever the camera turns in his direction.  It made its first appearance in the first grade.  Pretty mild, we had no idea what was coming with this thing.  Over the years it has gotten more and more "facey" and less and less picture sharing friendly.  Our family is pretty outspoken about quirks so we hear "why is he making that face" a lot.  He's in the 10th grade now and still does it.  Sigh. Let's just hope that by the time he gets married, the face has been replaced.  

 
 

 
I absolutely love watching scrapping videos and have probably seen about 2 bazillion.  Two peas were my favorites but I am also a fan of Nichol Magouirk, Studio Calico, Jen Gallacher, Jen McGuire, Elena Morgun, Victoria Marie, Banning Lane, and about 40 or 50 other scrappers lol.  Anywho, this weekend, I decided to try to follow one using my own supplies.  It was soooo fun.  I loved it.  And it was easy.  I did Jen Gallacher's latest Make it Meaningful video. Here is a link to hers.  Here is mine......
 
 
 
To title or not to title?  The decision is much harder than it should be.  The page is so bright & colorful that it really doesn't need one.  Hmmmm, I guess I'll just have to wait for the photos to decide.  Is it weird that I made this without photos? 
 
I changed the elements up some, of course, for several reasons.  To make it more mine, to accommodate the supplies that I had on hand and to use my favorite techniques but you can still very much see her influence.  I love that she is willing to share her creativity and so appreciate her talent.  How about you?  Do you ever scrap along to videos or do you just watch them and keep it moving? 
 
I plan to add the photos later on today.  I'm thinking I will put 3 on this page.  One in the frame, one on the star envelope and one to the left of the frame above the star envelope.  I have no idea which photos I am going to use but am sure that I can find the perfect ones on Facebook. 
 
Wow!  Seriously, it's Monday.  Again.  Just kinda speechless about how fast time is flying by but I hope that you have a fantastic Monday anyway!!!  Thanks for stopping by:)

No comments :