Thursday, April 9, 2015

Memories Long Past

Lately, my pages have been made using memories long past.  It makes me wonder how much of the story has been forgotten.  Of course, it's too late to do anything about it now but the thought of losing our families history has motivated me to start playing caught up instead of catch up. 

I won't worry so much about the order that I make my layouts or trying to work from oldest to newest.  I must print the important photos from today and get those stories down before they are forgotten.  Looking at the photos of my Granny holding my youngest (something that I had totally forgotten about) kinda woke me up to the fact that my mind is not a vault and I can't remember everything.  So starting right now, today, I will put more effort into printing my photos on a regular basis and not relying on the photos that are already in my hands just because it is easier to use what is already printed than to print more. 

That being said, here are a couple of layouts that I completed using the old photos.  I finished some more pages this week that I will be printing photos for and posting later.  I have a pile of them that need some photos. 

First up, our family map reader.....

 
 
This was a great trip and I am so happy that I was able to record how much Quentin loves to be our tour guide when we travel. 
 
Next up is this lo about my MIL and niece. 
 
 
 
I have had that piece of Basic Grey die-cut paper forever!  Even though I have purged my stash a few times, I have never been able to let it go but let me tell you, it was super hard to use!!  I should have just framed it for my wall.  I have a few more sheets of the BG die-cut paper from other collections and hopefully they will be much easier to use.  How do you use challenging papers and embellishments that you love, but that might not fit into how you scrap? 
 
Thanks for stopping by and have a great Thursday! 
 
 
 


No comments :