Tuesday, March 1, 2016

Journal Spot or Not

Just curious.  Do you use a label or some other physical indication to record your journaling on or do you just write it straight on the page?  Looking at the different galleries, it seems that most people write it straight on the page.  I do both but I feel that my pages look more finished and I am happier when I do put it on a journal spot.  My words feel floaty or lost when I write directly on the page.  A trick that I've seen a lot of and am planning to try is underlining each line of journaling.  Juliett Sheriff even goes so far as to match the color of the ink she uses to the colors of the layout.  Genius!  And I can't wait to try that.  Goodness knows that I have enough pens to do it with:)

Layout shares:)  Yay me.  I completed 58 pages in February.  Since that is a nice, round 2 pages a day, my goal for March is to complete 62 pages.  I think I can, I think I can, I think I can...........  wish me luck!  

Oh and I decided not to do Calvinball.  It sounded like a ton of fun buuuutttt, we are going to get really busy this month and it won't slow down until after Christmas.  So instead of setting myself up for the big letdown, I decided to just set my personal goals and let it go.  

This page was based on a pagemaps sketch.  I have managed to get all of the sketches that have been posted this year either scrapped or in a page kit to be scrapped within the next couple of weeks.  Rollin yall!

This is the sketch.......


and this is the page based on the sketch.  This is a pretty little beach house in SC that I would love to own.  My husband and I have been talking about purchasing one for several years but haven't made the leap.  But when we do, this little gem would be exactly what we would want.  

This is probably my least favorite picture/page combination.  I loved how the page came out but as I was going through my photos, I realized that I didn't have any photos to really match it color or theme wise.  Even though we just came from Disney!  The pictures are of my boys during a visit to the USS Yorktowne in Charleston, SC.  I love them but......  They are just not right for the page.  Oh well.  


It was based on this sketch from November of 2015 too.......



On the other hand, this is an example of a layout that went everything right!  Love the design that was inspired by this layout by Monika @ Studio Calico.  It is pretty much a direct lift as I just loved everything about her page!!


Thanks so much for stopping by!  I would love to hear your thoughts on how you journal so don't be shy, leave a comment:)

No comments :