Friday, March 25, 2016

Perfect Days Don't Happen Every Day

We recently took a short trip to visit the Big Easy.  It was a fantastic trip.  Everything went so smoothly & we were able to see/do everything that we had hoped for.  My favorite part of the trip was visiting Jackson Square.  It was vibrant and noisy and colorful and full of weirdos.  Us included.  Loved the vibe and am very glad that we didn't go there first, I would have wanted to go back everyday.  Bourbon Street was a one time been there got the beads type deal.  My very conservative 16 year old son said it best, "New Orleans, it's been nice visiting you but you really need to do something about your problem on Bourbon St":).  He was not impressed, lol.  He did love the French Market & Jackson Square....



I am very excited to get the photos that we took onto a page.  My husband didn't take a ton but the ones that he did take were excellent...

I also have a lot of layouts to share today.  10 to be exact:)  This girl is rolling on getting her layouts done.  I am even getting them into albums.  I have to run to Michael's to grab 6 more albums and some tape runner today.  

Of course M's is having a sale on Hot Buys Paper Pads and for $5.99, a couple might just jump into my basket.  Just Sayin'.

A few of the layouts that I finished actually have some techniques to be shared.  Like this first one of my hubby.  I had this chipboard embellishment sheet and after I used all of the chipboard, the frame was the perfect size for a, well a frame.  But by itself.  Fugly.  I have this really cute washi tape that was perfect for the project.  I simply covered the chipboard frame with washi tape than backed it with patterned paper.  It would also make a very adorable shadow box with the addition of a transparency...




Oh paper weaving.  You were so fun to do for this page.  It took a long time but man oh man am I in love with how it turned out.  I did the legs of the "x" individually but for the "o", I cut it out on my cameo on a scratch piece of paper the exact size that I needed.  I than taped the letter to my craft table, did the paper weaving right on top and traced the letter in pencil (very lightly) on top of the weaving.  Once I had all of the weaving complete, I sewed around the edges and trimmed away all of the excess.  This left me with a perfect "XO" for my page:)




The rest of the pages were run of the mill getting it done....














Some I love (Charleston, Winter, XO) but most of these are just okay for me.  I am a ok with not loving all of the pages I create:)


Thanks for stopping by and have a fantastic weekend!!

No comments :