Monday, March 14, 2016

Playing Favorites

I have definite favorites when it comes to what I like to create with.  A favorite pair of scissors, a favorite adhesive, favorite colors, papers and stamps.  There is even a favorite design style that I tend to use over and over again.  Identifying these things and using them when I create has not caused me to be a scrapbooking robot that reproduces the same pages over and over again.  Just the opposite.  It frees me to step outside of the box and try new things because although the methods and styles are different, I am using basic supplies that I am very familiar with and comfortable using.  They're like taking my old friends to a new bar:)  When I created the pages that I am sharing today, I took advantage of using my favorite things to speed up my process but I used a variety of inspiration sources (sketches and a class) to freshen up the creating if that makes any sense at all.  

My computer died over the weekend (I am shaking my fist at windows 10!  It is the bane of my existence right now!!!!!) and I haven't been able to do a thing online since Thursday.  Thankfully we didn't lose all of our data but man oh man was I worried...

Thanks to avoiding a complete catastrophe and the fact that I have been creating a LOT, I've got a couple of layouts to share.  

The picture for this one did not blow up well.  I only had a teeny, tiny print of this picture as I had given all of the rest of them away.  Love my little ones and this is one of my favorite photos of them.  My son's outfit.  Was I for real?  Shorts with suspenders?  Bwahhhaaaaahhhaaaa.... He looked really cute in that outfit though.  



And a more recent picture of them.  This one is from when we went to NY to spend NYE with my girl.  Love this selfie she took of us walking the city streets.  That's my husband and I waaayy in the back....


Created using this sketch from pagemaps.....


This one was created in Jen Gallacher's class on Big Picture.  Very happy with the subscription so far and loving having access to so many classes.  I created this almost exactly as she taught it.  My dad, my sisters and I at Atlantis on one of our family vacations.  


Confession time.  I don't like this layout.  The picture is fine, the page is fine but the picture with the page is not okay!  I am really thinking that I am going to take this one apart and put a different picture on it.  The photo that is on it now feels too informal for the products that I used.  The page was based on a Studio Calico Sunday Sketch from 2013.  Yep.  That's how I roll.  Printing and saving a sketch for 3 years before working with it:)


Thanks for stopping by!  


No comments :