Sunday, February 10, 2008

19 Pages

I was cruising my photos to find pics of my little guy for this challenge and came across this. What were we thinking. The "good" photo is fantastic, ie we are all smiling and looking directly at the camera, but this, this is hilarious to me and made me laugh out loud.

A post for Julie Bonner. Yeah, 5 weeks in a row. I'm on a roll!!!!!

This is my lo for my own challenge. This is my first time using black and white photos but definitely not my last. Love the way this lo came out. Quentin is never called by his name. Everyone has a nickname for him but mostly we call him little guy. Probably because he is so much smaller than the other 2. Ariel is in college, Aaron is in High School and Q is in 2nd grade. Anywho, I don't think I would have used this paper if not for the black and white photos. I love the layout and think I will display it in the studio for awhile.

Speaking of little guys, what's he smilin at? This photo cracks me up! Hopefully this little crush will grow into a deep appreciation for art!

Very cool tip for you guys. I don't know if you noticed the state of my Basic Grey mat in the pics I posted of the accordian album, but it is in sorry shape. I figured that I was going to have to figure out a way to cover it or buy a new one every few months. Well, I found an easy way to cover it when I am doing messy work. I am an organization junky (but totally unorganized) and am constantly buying file folders. Well, I found a great use for the old ones. I placed a pile of them next to my mat and use them whenever I am gluing, painting, sanding, etc. It was so easy and convenient, pick it up - use it - set it aside. No more paint and glue on my pages or my mat and when the folder becomes unusable, I can just recycle it. Easy peasy.

For the next challenge, I dare you to use a brochure or souvenir as your focal point instead of a photo. So that big, large, huge space all the way to the left will not have a photo. I was going to challenge you to make a layout using only a brochure or souvenir and not pics but hey, we need to use those photos! I know that I do. Make sure that you leave me a comment with a link to your completed lo's, I would love to see what you are doing.

1 comment :

Anonymous said...

Awww look at my Nelly. ur right he goes by many names lol. Darnell, Darnelly, Nelly, Darnelly Pelly Squiley, Tooter, Moo, Moo berry, oh their so embarrassing but he answers to them... i miss his so much.