Friday, February 15, 2008

Tattered Angels Glimmer Mist and Crackle Paint

Love these new items to the store!

Gold, Candy Apple and Frosty Night Glimmer Mist

Shabby Shutter, Tattered Rose, Vintage Photo and Weathered Wood Crackle Paint (terrific names)

Lots of new double-sided spools of lovely American Crafts Ribbon. And all the Christmas Bobbin spools are on sale for $.50 each!

These incredible flowers from Petaloo. They are gorgeous and come in a reusable box that's perfect for a cute little mini-album.

Journal stamps from Heidi Swapp. Terrific. Love them! You get all of these in a package.

And this is just the beginning! We added 30 new items to the store today!!!!! Drop on by and take a look for yourself.

Here is a page that I did for the challenge to use paint instead of paper for a photo mat. I used Yellow cardstock, SandyLion paper, ModgePodge, Red Acrylic Paint, Black Ribbon and some paper and stickers that I had leftover from another project. I measured the openings that I wanted cut and than embossed an outline. I cut the paper out of the openings and set that part aside. To keep the paint from buckling my cardstock too much, I painted it with one coat of ModgePodge before applying the acrylic paint. I then assembled the page. Ok, here is the current challenge and the new sketch for the week. It's the weekend so this will be a bit more stuff than the weekday challenge.

  1. Make this layout round
  2. Use only 1 sheet of cardstock and scraps for the mats (if you have it together and don't have any scraps, well I don't know what to tell ya, you're going to have to use your pp).
  3. Use acrylic or transparencies that have been altered with rub-ons or paint for your tags.
Have fun!!!!! I'm going to work on this right now.

Oh, here is the sketch courtesy of Becky of pagemaps:

No comments :