Friday, February 8, 2008

21 Pages

I love challenges! I have been participating in Julie Bonners weekly challenge faithfully for the last 4 weeks and want to issue a challenge for you. Are you up to the task? Great, here it is (does this classify as talking to myself?)

This challenge is meant to get your scrapping engines running but the ultimate end goal is to get pages done and into your albums. None of the task issued during the week will be extremely difficult or require a lot of extra tools because I know that time is so short, especially during the week. The weekend task will be a little more difficult because you can stay up late! Here are the rules:
  1. Use your creative license! That's it, nothing else.
Every week we will use a different sketch and we will use that sketch all week. This challenge is especially good for those of you that want to use sketches but are not sure where to start. They are really a great tool for your toolbox. Ya know that page maps is my favorite so we will start with one of her sketches. Here is the sketch from Pagemaps:



Use the sketch exactly as is but instead of using 2 different sheets of patterned paper for the background, use one and alter it to fit the sketch background paper using paint, ink, chalk, glitter, or whatever. This is a great way to use up the dreaded slab papers (I have every one that was ever issued and I still love them). You can use a different pp for the mats but only one! Once you finish, post a link and I will put your pages up for everyone to see. I am going to be using a lightbox, colored pencils or crayons and clip art to alter my paper. Can't wait to see what you do. I will issue the next challenge tomorrow morning along with my completed page and will try to always get them up for you by 9am. Have a great evening and I can't wait to see what you come up with.

No comments :