Sunday, February 17, 2008

Lazy Sundays

I love Sundays. We woke up this morning with good intentions to go to church (we love our church) but laziness won out and here we are vegging at the house and reduced to listening to a podcast of the service. It is so nice to be able to enjoy just being together. I truly love these guys!
And right in the middle of this post I got a call from a friend that I haven't seen for years. I have known her since 1988 but have not seen her since Dec 2002. We have not lived in the same country for years and years and now she is living here in SC. I am too happy (if that's possible). We got together and had a wonderful day catching up.

Here are my pics from the last 2 challenges. Sorry about the terrible pics, apparently I am regressing instead of moving forward.

#1 - I love this layout! Its not stellar or anything, it is just so totally my style and what I like (lots of stuff on a page, plenty of color, a ton of tearing and some stamping). I used Urban Rhapsody, Figgy Pudding Pepperberry, BG alpha stickers, FP botanicle die-cuts, lots of tearing and lots of inking.
#2 - This one definitely put the c in challenge but it was fun to make. I used the Urban Rhapsody Golden State of Mind (that line again but I am just loving that paper!) and the rest was just leftovers from other projects. A ghost frame, jotter, chipboard frame cut in half, leftover rubons all over the frame, ribbon and then a stapler to hold it all together. I loosely cut a circle. after I had decided where to put everything. Used the BG alpha stickers (there are so many on a sheet that I still have a ton to use) right on the frame to make my title. Inked all the edges with green ink to tie everything together.

Here is the challenge for today. Sorry to post it so late. Yesterday we did round, acrylic and rub-ons. Today it is going to be......felt and a current event. Use felt maybe as your photo mat, tag, another accent and make this layout all about something that is going on in the world, something in the news that is really on your mind, even something that is directly affecting you or that you want to remember your feelings about. I think that I am going to do one about the current Presidential race.

No comments :