Wednesday, February 6, 2008

Great News Today

I received great news today. I finally heard back from Creating Keepsakes Conventions and I will be teaching 3 classes at Buffalo. I am beyond excited and can't wait to get there! If you have questions about the classes, materials list, or anything for that matter, please don't hesitate to contact me. I love to hear from you. I will be adding a section to the blog just for the classes to post updates, pics of the projects, etc. I will have it up by March 15th. I am really looking forward to meeting you in person!
Easters coming. Are you ready? Here is a pic of a paper piecing that I made for a 2 page layout. It was fun and as soon as I can get myself to sit down and write them out, I will post the instructions.

Although I am probably the queen of the mini-album, (they are hands down my favorite thing to make. How else can you use a whole sheet of stickers on one project?) this is my first time even attempting an accordian album. I see them everywhere and companies like Cosmo Cricket and Fancy Pants even have kits, but I have never tried my hand at them. It just seemed like too much trouble. I am now in love with these little gems. I don't know how original this is but I am so gonna share it anyway. Here are the directions for the first (but not the last) accordian album I have ever made:

Supplies:
*notes - you can use a sewing machine to sew the papers together where they overlap for a super strong hold. Make sure that you use a very strong adhesive if you don't sew them. I recommend the ATG or Scotch Liquid Glue.

  • 2 sheets of Heavy Cardstock or Patterned Paper (Depends on the size album you want. 2 sheets will make a 10 page album. Great way to use those scraps)
  • Adhesive or sewing machine with matching thread
  • 4-5 sheets of patterned paper
  • embellishments

Step 1 - Cut Cardstock to 6X12. As many as you need for the number of pages that you want. The size is also easily adjustable. Cut patterned paper 1/4 inch smaller on all sides than your album. ie a 6X6 album = 5 3/4X5 3/4 papers.

Step 2 - Fold paper in half lengthwise and crease fold with a bone folder (card should now be 6X6). Make sure the edges are even before creasing.


Step 3 - Overlap folds and glue or sew together (the papers should be the same size, mine is a little shorter for demonstration purposes.

Side view-

Step 4 - Decorate with patterned paper and embellishments. Can be as simple or elaborate as you would like. I just simply placed my pp on this and will add a title and whatever else suits me at a later date. Very versatile. Great for cardmakers too!

It's finally Friday. This week just zoomed by! I hope yall have a fantastic weekend and will blog you later.

No comments :