Tuesday, March 3, 2015

I Was in A New York State of Mind....

So the family got to spend the weekend in NY City with my fabulous daughter and it was magical!  It snowed most of the day Saturday and believe it or not, the snow started to fall while we were in Central Park.  We had the most amazing breakfast ever at Brooklyn Diner (I had read about it on Kelly Purkey's blog and she raved about how good the food/atmosphere was).  We had dinner at Carmines and it was also fantastic.  We stayed at the Manhattan Club and were so impressed with the room.  I was a little worried bc it had gotten some awful reviews but it was literally one of the best hotels we have stayed at in NYC.  Much better than the last few which were teeny tiny itty bitty and awful to boot! 

I can't wait to get the photos on a layout!!!!!!!!


The view from FAO....

 
My oldest and my youngest.  They take a photo in the same spot every time (yes, that is a really big book that he carried around the city all day long!  The apple does not fall far from the tree bc I take a book with me everywhere I go too) ....

 


My oldest with my baby sister.  It was COLD out......

 
The gang of ladies at Chelsea Market.  This was the last thing we did before we got on the road for home.  We were SO tired.......
 
 
I really didn't take that many photos while we were there.  As usual, we walked everywhere.  I love this city and walking allows me to really take it all in.  Everything I see is fresh and different to me every single time. 
 
What's your favorite city (if you have one) and how do you document your visits there?  Do you make it a point to take photos or do you just go with the flow and improvise with the photos you manage to snap?  My husband is the photographer in our family and he did take his big camera but we ended up leaving it in the room because it is so big and bulky.  I didn't even take my ipad out with me.  It was so cold out that my phone actually died if I took more than a couple of photos in a row. 
 
Anywho, thanks for stopping by today and have a great Tuesday!
 

No comments :