Tuesday, March 24, 2015

Recent Thrift Shop Finds

You can find some great stuff in thrift type stores if you are willing to dig a little.  I am not a patient shopper.  Don't really like to shop at all so I really just dig a little.   I am not a spend hours in the dinky dusty thrift store to find just the right piece kind of gal.  I get in, scan, rescan, get out.  The most time I will spend is about 2 hours in a really big store.  But, that being said, I can always find something great.  Lately, I have found some things just for me.  This wonky brass rabbit paper weight for the shelf in my craft room and a teeny, tiny book on relaxation for my bedside table.......

 
Love the little bunny!  He has so much personality.
 
And this crazy book about animal sex that I had no idea was about that until I got it home.  I thought that it just had some wonderful graphics and drawings...........
 
 
 
Crazy book right?  My first clue on the subject matter should have been the way the cashier guy looked at me (weirdo alert was all over his face) and the second should have been the title.  But I seriously was blinded by the beautiful graphics lol.  I get that way sometimes with the tunnel vision:).  But as I flipped through the book, I kinda fell in love the art....
 


 
 
On the scrappy front, I am still making 1 to 3 pages a day.  I made this page about my little dude and dudette (my niece).  They are teenagers now and still get along really well.  My son just rolls his eyes when I show him this type of photo.  He is so modest now that it is hard to believe that when he was little, we couldn't keep clothes on him:)  Anywho, the layout.......
 
 
I am still lovin that Amy Tan paper pad and have used about 10 sheets from it already!  The heart tabs at the top are fussy cut from one of them......
 
 


 
 
I also used a sketch for this page and it made it easy to put together....
 
 
The page doesn't look much like the sketch but that is the real beauty in them isn't it?  It's a map not an itinerary......
 
I watch a lot of youtube videos and always wonder how these super busy wonder women manage to find time to make pages and make videos.  They are so prolific and all of their stuff is beautifully made.  When I look at their work, I never get a feeling from it that it was rushed or thrown together just to create something to post.  You can see the love they have for what they do and it just demands respect because they put it out there for all and don't ask for anything but kind comments and your time. 
 
That's it for me today.  Thanks for stopping by!

No comments :