Friday, March 6, 2015

May Flowers...

Hopefully from April Showers.

May is one and done and I will be moving on to June soon.  Since this calendar will eventually be an album, I'm not going to stress placing photos in it before the page is displayed.  I got a late start on it and feel like I am behind the curve on this one.  I will make sure to start my 2016 calendar as soon as I finish this one so that when January rolls around, I have it ready to go. 

Still really enjoying the project.  Having a formula for how the pages are to be completed is still working well for me.  Boredom has not set in and the pages for the calendar are still getting completed.  May's page is my favorite thus far.  As you know, I really struggled to use the floral paper.  The yellow colors are really strong and it has a lot of pattern so I kept the page kind of simple.  Which is so not the norm for me.  My pages normally have a metric foot ton of product on them:).  I plan on going in a bit of a different direction for June and will talk more about it on a future post.  

This was a flat, not fat page so the album is staying nicely in balance and is still fairly flat.....



Mixing old and new product is a particular favorite of mine (especially since I have some major hoarding tendencies) and I was able to do that really successfully on this page.  Bet you can't tell what's old and what's new can you?  The blue phrase stickers, labels, border sticker, rub-ons, brads, yellow grid paper and thickers are at least 3 years old.  At least.  But the rest comes from purchases and kits that are a year or less old.  Yeah me.  Here is a look at the page.......



 

 




And last but not least, I am working on a new mini album project for eBay.  My hat is seriously off to the ladies that do videos!  It is not easy to record and edit.  Not at all.  This project involves a kit, written & DVD instructions and envelopes.  Some of my favorite things.  I haven't seen many projects like this on eBay, which could be a good or a bad thing but I am going to give it a shot.  I hope to have it done and posted within the next 2 weeks.  Wish me luck!  What I really need is a adobe premier elements guru in my pocket:)


 
I would love to hear your opinion on purchasing kits for specific projects.  I love to but can never seem to find kits that have the product and the video instructions.  Maybe it is bc I create so many on my own but for whatever reason, this is hard for me. 
 
Anywho, thanks for visiting and staying for a spell.  Have a great day!!!!

No comments :