Monday, March 16, 2015

It Was the Best Scrappy Weekend Ever!

I was supposed to have just one rainy Saturday all to myself scrapping away in my hidey-hole but when we woke up Sunday, it was cold and mad windy.  So the husband uttered the most lovely set of words known to scrappers - Let's  just stay home.  Oh all right, if we must (doing an inside happy dance smiling ear to ear whooping yodeling type of thing). 

So Sunday I got to scrapbook too.  Bliss.

I was able to complete 4 layouts and get another one laid out.  Some of you are like 2 days and only 4 layouts!  What was she doing!?  I have to tell you that I am a slooooowwww scrapbooker.  It sometimes takes me 3 days to do one layout.  I know right, crazy.  But I am and always have been super slow because it takes me a long time to commit and start actually gluing stuff down. 

Two still need photos but that's okay.  Most of the time, I complete the layout and than decide which photos to use.  Weird but I know but I can't be the only person out there that does this. 

My goal lately has been to use what I buy and what I already have (stash).  Finding balance between the two, especially when you have hoarder tendencies, is hard but I have been managing to get some stuff used.  And you know what?  I am happier using this stuff than I was waiting for just the right project to put it on.  The right project seemed to never come but getting it on paper actually reminds me of why I bought it in the first place. 

The first layout is of my sweet little nephew.  Oh man I am crazy about this kid!  He makes me so happy.  I call him my little love sucker.  He is dangerous though.  Being around him really makes me want to have babies.  A lot of them........



Anddddd, I finished July's calendar page.  So, so happy with it.  Not sure what is happening but my style seems to be migrating to a more simple look.  Not sure if it is what I want to stick with as I'm normally an everything but the kitchen sink kind of girl........

 
And finally, this is the layout that I started.  I really don't have much to do before this one can be called done.  It's going up on eBay.  I always have holiday layout ideas to create for eBay.  The problem is 1) I am a slow scrapper and 2) I procrastinate.  Big time.  To the point where I will complete a Halloween layout just in time for Christmas :)lol.  Here is a look at the beginnings....
 
 
This week is going to be very challenging time-wise so I am glad that I got a good weekend of scrapping in.  My son, who is normally very independent with his work, is having a tough time with both English and Geometry (he's homeschooled).  So I am having to really walk him through exercises, examples and practice worksheets to get him understanding. 

Happy Monday guys and thanks so much for stopping by!

No comments :