Tuesday, March 10, 2015

Snowy Days in March

We got hit by a late winter storm that dropped about 6 inches of snow on us.  Personally, this snow lover was over the moon!  But, as usual, everything shut down around here.  So what's a girl to do with nowhere to go and 2 of my favorite guys snuggled in safe & sound.  Yep, you guessed it, I scrapbooked. 

I surfed my pinterest boards for some layouts that I wanted to lift.  Gathered some photos and off I went.  My pinspiration for this month is this lo by Anna-Maria Wolniak.  My husband has been taking selfies for years.  The selfie on this page was taken back in 1996 or 97.  Way before it was a thing. 


 
Rookie mistakes here folks!  Not in love with the page, but I really liked the huge title running down that strip of red.  My original plan was to have the word "selfie" going from left to right at the bottom of the picture but I made my first rookie mistake here by not printing the photo with space at the bottom.  The word would have run straight across his chin.  I was going to go with it but it looked too odd.  The second mistake I made was placing the yellow "great moment" embelly down before I was 100% sure where I wanted it.  It would have been better up in the corner covering up that cord in the background.  Prints done at home are not adhesive friendly!

Since yesterday was snowy and today we have almost a foot of new snow on the ground, I was able to also get some sketch mojo going too.....

Sketch from pagemaps......
 
 
 
My take on the sketch.......

 
 
This photo of my oldest son was taken in 1996 or 97 as well.  I have always thought that he had the most beautiful eyes and I love the way they are the first thing you see when you look at this photo.  He's 23 now but those eyes are still as bright. 

Again with the rookie mistakes!  I like this page much better than the selfie one but I'll probably end up going back and reprinting the photo so that I can move the round sticker that is on his face.  I don't 100% hate it but it is bothering me.  I will probably try to correct the color on the photo too.  We'll see....

Thanks for stopping by and have a great day!!!!

No comments :