Thursday, March 19, 2009

Healthy is Such a Good Word

Did you know that there is MSG in canned soup mix? I didn't and that stuff is a pantry staple for me. It is also in packaged rice mixes, packaged noodle mixes, package cake mixes, and on and on. My husband game me some pretty disturbing news about his health and I have been hearing more and more about how dangerous the amount of additives in our food are. I don't believe in coincidences so I am on a mission. We have already cut way back on the fast food. I don't fry foods at all, I keep a limited amount of true junk food in the house, I don't buy soda, I stock up on tons of fruit and fresh veggies to snack on (the little guys favorite food is mushrooms) so I don't have a ton of work to do in this department. Getting rid of the canned soups & rice mixes will be the hardest because these are things I use for every meal. At this point, I am tired of plain rice! I use almost a can of cream soup a day, so if anyone knows a good recipe that will replace this (I use it like you would gravy and I bake or stew most of my meats with it) I would love to hear it.

A layout to share:
I did this for a call for SNR. They don't mind seeing lo's that have been posted so I wanted to share. If you have not picked up the K&Co Wild Raspberries chipboard borders, you have to try them out! They are so versatile and pretty, I love them.

No comments :