Monday, March 2, 2009

I Saw Something Great This Weekend....

No it wasn't snow. It was congestion. For the first time in what feels like years, but is in actuality months, the parking lots of my favorite stores were jam packed. I had to wait in line to get my coffee. I had to wait in line to purchase my favorite magazine. The quaint little shop that I stopped to browse in had more than just me in it. I had to wait in traffic for 5-10 minutes to get out of the B&N parking lot. I know that it is supposed to take years to get the economy back on track and everyone is still a little afraid, but I tell ya, this weekend felt a lot like old, money in my pocket times.

I have been reading about CK's money woes and am truly very saddened by what they are going thru. I taught at their venues last year, and I too did not get paid for 1/2 of the venues that I taught at. I don't wish them any ill will. I am not going to lie, I spent the better part of Nov & Dec PISSED about not getting my monies, but, God knows best and I will wait on him. Hopefully, they can rearrange and come out better on the other end.

Found some photos of our trip to DC. I am getting better & better at this photography thing. Maybe I will be ready to upgrade to a better camera sooner than I had planned (hint, hint). The dresses are from an exhibit at the Smithsonian of the 1st ladies inaugural dresses. I caught a pic of my niece in the window when she was looking at Martha Washingtons dress and think it turned out kinda cool. I don't remember who the 1st dress belonged to but it is gorgeous.

My husband got to take a tour of the White House in December. He had to wait outside for over an hour in below freezing temps. Not sure if I want to see any place that bad.

Here are some favorite photos that my husband took of the boys at the Boston Aquarium (not sure if that is the actual name of it but Boston is where they went to the aquarium at). Love the look on my little guys face in the 2nd photo. Hehe :)



When I first started the blog, I did challenges every day, week, month whenever and I really got away from that. Got too busy, got too lazy, got to everything. But I miss them and am ready to start em up. A couple of friends told me that they like my challenges and that I am "very creative". Thanks, I appreciate your lovin on me. So here it goes. I thought all weekend about how I could do something original-but not crazy, fun-but not stupid, techniqy-but not overwhelming and this is what I came up with.......

Use a colorant to cover up a busy background in a photo.

I had this picture of me and my girlfriend at a Las Vegas wedding chapel that I just love but there is a lot of junk in the background. Cars, people walking by, billboards, etc. but it was the only picture that I wanted to put on the layout so I couldn't crop it. So what I did was use some almost translucent gold acrylic paint to paint a frame around us than I used TH black soot distress ink to lightly stamp flourishes all around the outside border. Love the way it came out. I would show you the layout but I want to submit it for a call. I have finally started to put my pages out there. Wish me luck!


Try it out and let me know what you think. Heck, post a link in the comments section and let me see what you did, I'm still nosey, you know I am.

A layout of my sister when she was about 5 or 6. My grandmother made the dress she was wearing. I still have a few more things to do to it but it is pretty much finished..........

And last but not least, Have a fabulous week!!!!! Blog ya later.

No comments :